THIS PLATFORM/WEBSITE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY BEACON FINANCIAL SERVICES PTE. LTD. (UEN No. 201935518E) (“Beacon”, “we”, “our” or “us”)
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth;
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers;
- Profile data, such as your username and password, orders related to you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Biometric data, such as facial and other bodily features and voice of yourself and/or another person featured in your video when you upload videos onto our platform;
- Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third-party payment service providers);
- Financial data, such as information about your company, its history, its financial records, its nature of business, its business model, details about orders and payments, and other details of products and services concerning your company;
- Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Beacon's services and/or platform;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the platform or with third-party service providers;
- Usage data, such as information on how you use Beacon's services and/or platform or view any content on our platform, including the time spent on the platform, items and data searched for on the platform, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the platform and other similar statistics;
- Any unique identifiers that relate to you; and
- We rely on personal data provided by you. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. In the event that there are any changes to your personal data, please update us by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third-party, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third-party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the relevant purposes.
During the course of your use of Beacon's services and/or platform, we may collect Personal Data from you in the following ways:
- When you create an account with us;
- When you browse our platform and/or website;
- When you apply for, subscribe to or otherwise use any of our products and/or our platform;
- When you make a transaction in respect of our services, products, and/or our platform;
- When you interact with our employees or representatives;
- When you use any of the features, functions on our platform, or participate in any activities or campaign on our platform or in connection with our services;
- When you respond to our correspondences, surveys, and other initiatives;
- When you provide us with feedbacks or complaints;
- When you create/register an account with us;
- When you upload documents for our review, pursuant to our request or otherwise; or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING, USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of our services, products and/or platform;
- To administer your account, if any, with us;
- To display your name, username or profile on the platform and/or website where applicable;
- To respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, whether directly or through our third-party service providers;
- To tailor and recommend products based on your company’s profile, eligibility, and suitability which may be of interest to you, including but not limited to assist you in matters arising out of and/or in relation to the sourcing for appropriate business loans, business insurance requirements, bookkeeping services, or software subscription services;
- Performing obligations in the course of and/or in connection with our provision of the products and/or services; and
- To process any payments in relation to our products and/or services.
Legal and operational purposes;
- To verify your identity in connection with fraud detection purposes;
- To perform due diligence checks; To comply with legal and regulatory requirements including any law enforcement requests, in connection with any legal proceedings, or otherwise deemed necessary by us;
- To process any complaints, feedback, enforcement action and take-down requests in relation to any content you have uploaded to our platform;
- To protect and enforce our legal rights;
- For internal and statutory reporting, audit and/or record-keeping requirements; and
- Where necessary, to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
Marketing and advertisement; and,
- To facilitate our conduct of marketing and advertisement;
- Where applicable, to provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us; and,
- To promote our services and/or platform by using information that you give to us, such as user-generated content (including video content) that you can choose to upload or broadcast on our platform that will be accessible on the internet and may be shared by the public (the latter of which is not within our control), as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote our platform and/or services.
Analytics, research, business and development.
- To review and improve users' experience with our services and/or our platform;
- To identify visitors on our website and/or platform;
- To improve our current technology as a means to improve and/or enhance our services or further develop our products and/or services; and
- To conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends.
- Any other purposes incidental to or in connection with any of the above.
- Provide services;
- We generally collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third-parties (whether they are located overseas or in Singapore):
- Affiliates of Beacon;
- Agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide us with support services (e.g. processing credit card payments);
- External business partners in relation to the product you are interested in;
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third-parties (whether they are located overseas or in Singapore):
- Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third-parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of these third-party websites. Once you have left our website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the relevant third-party website(s) to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
COOKIES AND OTHER COMPUTER DATA
- When you access or use our services, we or our authorised service providers may use “cookies”, “web beacons” and other tracking technologies where small data files are sent to your browser or device to store and track information about you. The cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies are used to track information such as (but is not limited to) the number of users and their frequency of use, online behavioural data, profiles of users, track web analytics, tailor suitable marketing and advertising products, and your preferred sites. You may disable cookies on your respective browser or device but please note that if you do so, some parts of our website and/or platform may become inaccessible or cease to function properly. If you have disabled one or more cookies, we will not use the disabled cookies to collect any further information from you, but we may still use such information collected from the cookies prior to its disablement where necessary. Some of this collected data from the cookies will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
- By using our services, you agree that your Personal Data may be transferred from the country in which you are present to another country. If your Personal Data is so transferred, we will ensure that the recipient in that other country is obliged to protect your Personal Data at a standard of protection comparable to the protection under the applicable laws.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
While we will take reasonable technical and physical security measures to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access and disclosure, including but not limited to implementing the following measures:
- Controlling access to your account on our platform by a password and a username that are unique to you;
- Storing your personal data on secure servers;
- Restricting access to personal data to individuals who require access and requiring those processing your personal data to do so in an authorised manner with confidentiality;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Using 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details; and/or
- Implementing other security measures as required under the applicable laws.
- You should be aware while we will make reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted online. Notwithstanding, we strive to protect the security of your Personal Data by constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- While we will take reasonable technical and physical security measures to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access and disclosure, including but not limited to implementing the following measures:
WITHDRAWAL, ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You may obtain access to information pertaining to your Personal Data that we have collected or enquire about the ways in which your personal data may have been used, disclosed, stored or processed by us by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- You may also request correction of any error or omission in your Personal Data or to lodge any complaints in the same way. In order to facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request, including but not limited to requesting for proof of your identity and address (i.e. a copy of your NRIC or any other relevant identification documents as required by us). Where permissible under law, we may refuse unreasonable requests for correction.
- If you wish to withdraw consent to the use of your Personal Data, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer at the address above. However, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to access and use all our services.
54A Pagoda Street Singapore 059213